Jobs with the Tucson Police Department in Arizona
Managing conflict is a regular part of the job, as is handling numerous physical and mental demands. But for those who do pursue a career in this line of work, there are countless rewards and opportunities, such as the personal satisfaction of keeping Southern Arizona safe, as well as generous health benefits and a flexible work schedule. Other positive aspects include greater job variety, more chances for growth and promotion and working with a team of officers who eventually become like family.
The mission of the Tucson Police Department is to serve the public in partnership with our community, to protect life and property, prevent crime, and resolve problems.
At the heart of all we do are our Seven Core Values:
• Personal Responsibility
• Service Orientation
Military Police Transition Training Program (MPTTP)
As evidence of our continued support for our military veterans, the Recruiting Unit is pleased to announce that we have opened a Military Police Transition Training Program.
Successful candidates from this testing period will be considered for any funded academy class(es) within the next six months.
This program reduces the 17-week basic academy to 8-weeks for qualified military candidates!
In order to be eligible for the Military Police Transition Training Program (MPTTP) with the Tucson Police Department, the following qualifications are required:
- Performed essential duties as a military police officer for a minimum of one year full-time (2080 hours) in a specific law enforcement occupational specialty (MOS).
- Satisfactorily completed military police training at a Federal Service School.
- Basic training and in-service training records must demonstrate substantial comparability to Arizona’s full-authority peace officer basic training course.
- Possess a DD214 form with an honorable discharge characterization, or be currently serving in the military.
- Have discontinued employment in the specified law enforcement MOS, ERB/ORB for no more than five years before the start of the February 15, 2016 academy.
For additional information visit www.JoinTucsonPD.org
Employment Opportunity Announcements:
~ 07/23/15 –
Comments are closed